Monday, 9 August 2010

Coco's history -- part 7 -- Dita Von Tesse and my big change



Several things happened in 2002 and 2003, when I was 22.
The first thing was that I finally reconciled myself as a stripper, not a student stripping part-time, not a girl going through a naughty phase, but a full-on, full-time member of the sex trade.

The second thing is that I saw a photo of Dita Von Tesse in Playboy. She was on the cover and she was so gorgeous, so classy and old-fashioned. At this point, she wasn't very famous yet -- maybe in the burlesque world -- but not as a popular figure like she is now.
Also -- and I'm dating myself -- this is before everything on earth was online. This is before Youtube.
I looked everywhere for her videos. And I finally found copies of "Bound in Stockings" and "Naked and Helpless."
I decided I had to see her live. I just had to.

So I used some of my hard-earned money and flew to New York City.
I had never been to New York. I wasn't exactly a small-town girl anymore, but I was still wowed.
And I was so wowed by her. Wowed by the whole place. I really wanted to stay.

Back in Canada, I had long moved from my original strip joint -- the place with the lunch bar my friends and I once went to as a joke as students.
I was working at better places, more like gentlemen's clubs. But I was still a stripper, someone who just took off her clothes for money. And what Dita Von Tesse was doing was an art.

My friend in New York had a little art photo / erotic magazine and hired me as a photographer and writer, and sponsored me to work. Back then, it wasn't hard for a Canadian to get a work visa, even though it was after 9/11.

4 comments:

  1. I have just downloaded iStripper, so I can watch the hottest virtual strippers on my desktop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Searching for the Ultimate Dating Site? Join and find your perfect date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quantum Binary Signals

    Professional trading signals sent to your cell phone every day.

    Follow our signals today & earn up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need free Google+ Circles?
    Did you know you can get these AUTOMATICALLY & TOTALLY FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete