Monday, 2 August 2010

Coco's history -- part 4 -- youthful greed

When I was a librarian's assistant, the money for cage dancing seemed enormous. I still remember -- $100 for a weekend of dancing, versus $7 an hour in the library. Plus, I never saw that library money. Since it was part of a financial aid package, it went straight to my tuition or dorm.

I can't tell you how satisfying it was to hold hard, cold cash in my hot little hands after my dancing weekends.

Then came my cocktail waitress job for $10 an hour. That might not like alot more than the library, but I got paid in cash and made tons of tips. By then, I was pulling in about $400 a week -- about four times my library gig.

I could pay my bills without worrying. I moved out of the crappy dorm room into a cute little apartment. So I should have been happy, right?

No, the human mind is greedy.
The library seemed fine till the exotic dancing came along.
Then the dancing seemed fine till I found out how much cocktail waitresses made.
Then, spending half my days in strip joints, I realized how much more the other girls were making than me. (Waitresses are treated like second-class citizens at these places).
So I got greedy for even more.

3 comments:

  1. You're blog is really helpful. I'll be 18 in a few months and was thinking about stripping as a way to lift the burden of student loans. I really needed a site that didn't glamourize stripping or make it seem like the deveil's profession. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just installed iStripper, and now I enjoy having the sexiest virtual strippers on my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you must watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Why your ex will NEVER get back...

    ReplyDelete