Sunday 29 August 2010

So now I'm a social worker?

I was at a party talking to a guy who had nothing to do with the sex industry. (Yes, I do have a separate social life).
I told him what I did for a living and he sort of paused. That's normal.
Then he said, "It's really good what you do because some men need to let out their sexual frustrations. Like old men who have lost their wives, or handicapped people in wheelchairs, or priests. Especially priests. Maybe if they hired women like you, they wouldn't have all that vent up sexual lust and go molesting boys."

Readers -- it takes a lot to shock me. But my mouth was hanging open. Maybe he was just trying to be nice.... but really?
First, it was insulting to me and what I do. I am not just a toy for desperate men. In fact, the majority of guys at strip joints are young, healthy, red-blooded specimens.
Secondly, this guy was even MORE insulting to the elderly and disabled. I mean, there are plenty of older men and men in wheelchair who are PERFECTLY attractive and capable of having wives, girlfriends and normal sex lives. Who is this guy to look down on them?
Isn't it a little too pitying to imply that these people are somehow inferior sexually to everyone else? Come on!

As for the Catholic priests -- boy, I didn't know what to say. Strippers prevent child sex abuse? Priests go to strip joints? What?!!!

The situation with the Catholic child abuse is seriously fucked up. I can't believe Catholic leaders preach against people like me, and then do such horrible things themselves. I feel so bad for the kids, I can't even tell you.

Anyway, I got as FAR away from this dude as I could at this party. He didn't seem drunk. He seemed sober and crazy, which is worse. So I fled. Now I am home. Venting. Phew. That makes me feel better. I hate running into people like that.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found you! I'm so interested in the world of burlesque, stripping, etc., but agree that too many people have a really warped idea of 'whats actually going on'. Guess who's getting added to my blogroll- YOU! Stay sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara Rose. Sorry I'm so behind on comments.
    Thanks! I will stay sparkly! :)
    I will add your blog, too.
    Actually, it seems like you have several, and that may be too much for my little brain to handle. But I'm sure I will sort it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for the comment. Sometimes I wonder whether I shld make my blog private b/c I know I sound crazy on it half the time, haha. Anyways, yes part of it is the pills, the other part is that I have a really obsessive personality and will think about one thing/problem until it is resolved, you know? And yeah, you're right, I am fairly young. 22 to be exact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! While I have seen many interesting types in clubs...a priest? That's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come back, I miss your posts!
    I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA
    what a moron.

    sometimes i look at people and marvel that we are all the same species - that someone else's reality can be so ALIEN to yours

    chauvinist? sexist? clueless? either way, next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog! Just discovered it and read almost every post!! Did you stop writing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eveг ωondereԁ how to lucіd dream?
    Wе have the solution at http://luсiddreaming.

    top-informаtion.net
    Have a look at my web page :: Fitness Over 40 - difficulty losing weight after 40

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I'm a 19 years young woman ;-) who is greatly interested in becoming a stripper becu i love to dance (but the only dancing experience i have is a couple of pole lessons)... anyways i found ur blog and i was wondering if u have any advice on how i can get started? And how does it work like financially and i guess business wise, pretty much i would like to know as much about the industry as i can... im so glad i found ur blog and i would greatly appreciate any help at all.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you know there's a 12 word phrase you can say to your man... that will induce intense emotions of love and instinctual attractiveness for you deep inside his chest?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, adore and protect you with his entire heart...

    ===> 12 Words Will Trigger A Man's Desire Instinct

    This instinct is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will drive him to try better than ever before to do his best at looking after your relationship.

    In fact, triggering this powerful instinct is so essential to having the best ever relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll soon notice him open his heart and soul to you in such a way he haven't experienced before and he will recognize you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly understood him.

    ReplyDelete