Saturday 31 July 2010

Coco's history -- part 2 -- my first audition

I went back for my first audition. It was at a weird time -- 11 am. I had no idea what to bring, so I brought nothing -- no special heels, no outfit, no routine worked out first. I was so clueless back then.
The guy was like, "Uh. Right. So, take off your clothes."
I was wearing normal clothes -- shrunken T-shirt, short skirt, boots-- and stood there in my bra and panties.
"Go on," he said.
Suddenly, I got nervous up walking on stage. Why? I danced in front of hundreds of people on an elevated platform in a crowded nightclub and loved it. My bra and panties were no more revealing than a bathing suit.
I think I was nervous because it hit me that I was out of my depth. Oh my God, I though. I'm standing on stage at a strip joint.

Maybe the manager thought I was a loser, but at least a pretty and responsible loser, so he hired me. (They tend to like students, because we're reliable) I didn't become a stripper right away, but worked as a cocktail waitress. I would serve food and drink wearing lingerie. Again, I got a pay raise here. My dancing gig wasn't part of the sex industry -- it was in the kind of divey club where students go. This place had alot more cash.

So I got a new schedule -- I quit the library job, even if it meant giving up a portion of my financial aid.

I would waitress lunches Monday to Friday at -- oh, let's call it Sexy Lunch.
And I kept my cage / platform dancing on Friday and Saturday nights at Frat Boy Club.
It was about 20 hours a week, which some other kids do, too (though in less strenuous work, like being an assistant in a library).
I thought I could handle it. But could I?

No comments:

Post a Comment